DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 25 February 2009

From Me to You - "Posted" with Love

This postal piece was made in response to a challenge at Go Make Something - Make it Monday, postage stamps. I found all the postal images I have, to stamp the background. I used black stazon and red distress inks. There are some oriental chops in there too...

The 3 main images are printed using a Judikins postage frame, masked and re-stamped with a central image - from the top, the artifacts cube and small Carol's butterfly, from Judikins (Stamp Addicts) and oriental lady from Inkadinkado. They were all coloured with inktense pencils then brayered with gumdrop, Big n Juicy. I cut the crimpy edges with my cropodile - every one separately!! The display sheet is from a set I have had for ages, and is covered in postcards and postage stamps - funny that!!!

8 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Hello Frankie, nice to meet you. I had a favorite aunt named Frankie. Anyway, your blog looks great, and I love your postage piece for Make It Mondays.

AliMayes said...

That's delightful Frankie and you've found yet another challenge to do!!
Ali xx

Ann Whitfield said...

That's fabulous Frankie - and what a great idea with the cropodile, the result is soooo effective
Ann x

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card Frankie, what a fab idea to use your cropodile. That stamp frame is always such a pain to cut out.
Beryl x

Beryl said...

Lovely piece of work Frankie. I love it.
Beryl xx

Rosie said...

Gorgeous artwork!!

cathy said...

I love your postage art work. Very well designed.

John Dyhouse said...

Great piece of art - John