Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.

Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Friday, 14 January 2011

Stampman Challenge - Distress

Here is a distressed, shabby mini album project, made from C6 envelopes, cut down. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this album, and using many lovely, yummy papers and flowers. I have entered it as my DT piece for the Stampman challenge this time, so why not go over and have a look and a go yourself??!

I made these roses which were introduced to me by Jo from Jozarty. The other flowers are conflations of different types and makes. I made these beads too, and the charms and keys, etc are from Sir Tim.

These hearts above and below, are oozed friendly plastic through angelina fibres... it's a great technique to try.

This is the first page, using papers from a Sir Tim stash, which really matches the colour scheme of my wedding/handfasting. You will notice a tag down the centre here, and on every page in fact. These tags are the hinges of the book.
At the side of each page is the pocket made from the envelope. I have pictures with journaling in each pocket, decorated with flowers.
These other papers are wonderfully evocative and are from PaperArtsy... fabulously yummy!!

Below is another good view of the tag hinges down the centre, holding the pages together. You can use almost any shape here, but a tag seemed most appropriate to match the feeling of the album.

This is the back cover, made from a sheet of coloured sticky back canvas from Claudine Helmuth. It was coloured with colour washes and stairburst stains, similarly to one of the tags of Christmas from Sir Tim. The two hearts are made from friendly plastic, pulled apart whilst hot and sticky, to create the lacey effect. I used the hinges and keys from Sir Tim's alteration dies.

I love thumbing through this album and have already started on another one, using different papers and with a different purpose. I shall put some inspirational sayings in it, in the various psockets, and consult it when I need to... you got any favourites to leave me here??? If so, please leave them in your comment, I will be most grateful

Thanks for looking and reading so far!!
Love and Light

Wednesday, 12 January 2011

WOYWW - Jewellery pieces and a Display Project

Hello all... I am having so many problems with my computer connection still and this post has taken so long to sort out. Sorry for the moan and on with "the show" tee hee...!!! Above and below is a set of large mottled beads with additions of cane flowers. They are yummy and linked with silvertone findings and chain.

This set of beads was made with a flower cane I showed at a different time, surrounded with sections of the cane made for the centre of that flower. They are linked on a chain with amber coloured glass beads and the earrings are made like a little liquorice allsort shape... They look really different...

This pendant is a domino, printed with a stamp from a Judikins cube and coloured with alcohol inks. I wrapped it with different coloured wires and strung it on a thicker chain than I usually use.

I made another tree of life pendant with rose gold coloured wire and gold seed beads. It is about 1" in diametre and strung on a copper chain... smaller and more delicate than the first one. I am working on another in gold for my friend Michele's birthday at the end of the month...

This set of pink beads is much smaller than the ones above but using the same clay... The pendant was shaped from the clay and embellished with a clay flower and seed beed. The silvertone flowers are dangled from the earrings too, to match.
This is a closer look at the pendant and earring... so dainty.

These are very different. They are much flatter than any others I have done. You make a round bead, then take a piece of acrylic and roll the bead with it to swirl the colours on the clay. It flattens as you roll and the colours mix like magic!!!

As you can see, I have also added swirled wire top and bottom, and linked with swirls too... There are some wonderful demos on YouTube for these types of beads... some beautiful effects...

Finally, here are the large flower beads I showed at an earlier time.. I have strung them with gold wire and silver bead caps. The earrings are made like liquorice allsorts again, but much larger here!!! the flowers on the beads started from the cane these came from... rolled much smaller...

I trailed a display project in the title of this blog but it's not quite finished as this post has taken so long to put together!!! So I will finish it and put it up shortly... please pop back to see it!!! It is to display the jewellery I have been making, in a glass cabinet in a shop!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I have my nails done in a little salon and they have agreed to let me show and sell from their cabinet. We will see how this goes.... Thanks for looking and don't forget to go and look at the other WOYWWs on Julia's admirable blog!!!

PS... I have finished the display piece now... painted wth gold and orchid eco paints, with PVA in the middle of the sandwich to crackle!!! It's just amazing to see it work as you heat the second layer of paint...
Next to the drawers is my new storage system for my cut n' dry pieces for the distress inks... I ADORE Ferraro Roche and the little boxes are just right for the size of my pieces... hope that helps those of you who were interested a few weeks ago tee hee!!!

I put a Tim Holtz knob on top and the drawer plates are from the tag die, cut down to fit the drawer fronts... I distressed wit blue patina... I thoroughly enjoyed doing this project.  Cheers from me again!!