DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Haute Couture!!

I have made a tag for TIO this week which fits with a couple of challenges, so I shall ener it. I had a great time creating it and it is a different sort of colour palette for me...

 I used the pinks, velvet, sugar, rose etc and the darker colour is weathered wood, one I hardly ever use... loved it... soft and different, so it fitted the bill.. Those of you who know my work will notice (oh yes you will!!!) that I have not stamped ANYTHING in black archival!!!! Is that possible you cry?? well yes it is!! So there!!

I love this small birdcage and bird, which is a fairly new movers and shapers die. It just fits nicely on to the dress form stamp I have from UMount, where all of the other stamps are from, btw, apart from the bird's ickle crown!!!  The various ribbons and flower flourishes are from Sir Tim, of course, as are the pearl and adage ticket, with the word of my week - dream... this makes it eligible for the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show. The fact that I have used die cuts makes it fit the challenge from Hels Sheridan over at Ink on my Fingers Sunday Stampers. These two blogs have some tremendous folk joining in their challenges, so I hope  this goes well over there!!

I took a closer view of the tag, and this time put it in the full sun which is streaming on to my desk... the shadows are such fun, and I actually had room to put it down, just!!! tee hee. Off to do more crafty stuff now, and to schedule my piece to lead the Stampman challenge on Friday - ANYTHING TIM!! woo, come and join me then, please.  Meanwhile, thanks so much for looking and commenting, I really do get a buzz from you telling me what you think.
Love and light
Frankie
xx

I shall also add it to the Papertake Weekly challenge, which is Mother's Day or Something Girlie, as this IS quite girlie for me!!! And to The Three Muses - something odd (well a dress form with a birdy head is a little bit weird!!!) Fxx

12 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous tag, love the soft pastel colours and gentle feminine feel. Beautiful work sure everyone will adore it. XOXO Zoe

Beryl K said...

Wow Frankie, this is a complete change for you. Don't think I ever expected something 'pink' from you. It's a fabulous tag! Don't think I'll be able to join The Stampman Challenge, I don't have anything by Sir Tim, unless distress inks count lol.
Thank you for your lovely comment, it means a great deal to me
Beryl x

Melisa said...

I don't know if it is odd, but it sure is pretty!

indybev said...

Great background for your bit of weird! Very clever entry. Thanks for joining us this week at Three Muses!

Taluula said...

Wonderfully quirkily odd .... fantastic and fun.

Netty said...

I will tell you what I think, what I really really think........its fabulous, Frankie. Annette x

Christine said...

Lovely tag. Beautiful pallete of colors.

Daphne said...

Verry romantic, i love youre detailed background, lots to see!

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabulous tag Frankie... am loving all that layered stamping and the birdy cage is sooo on my wishlist now!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

Jill said...

gorgeous card love the detail you've went to really shows thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show just love your tag and all the detaills you have used, fab colors too. Thank you Hugs Terry xxxx

Candy C said...

Hi Frankie! Your tag is drop dead gorgeous! Love how you layered the die cuts...and the stamping beneath is perfect! The colors are also amazingly beautiful. The dressform with the birdcage skirt...darling. The little bird with the crown on top, just the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy