DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 4 May 2011

TIO Piece from Helen - Purple+1

This week, as the challenge over on DragonsDream Tag It On, (one of my sister blogs) one of my new DreamTeam, Helen has chosen colour as her theme... it is purple + one accent colour of your own choosing... This is a larger tag than usual and I have used wild honey as my accent. Sir T!m stamp, ribbon and rosettes are my embellishments, and I have used a piece of stampboard to stamp an image from Crafty Individuals. The three other 3D pieces are Friendly Plastic, which I oozed with the lovely Liz Welch, on the wonderful day. recently...

 This is a mixture of large and medium rosette, with a glassine flower made from the rosette centres. 


 These are the closeups of the oozy Friendly Plastic... and guess what, these two are made with peel offs!!! Yes, the FP is oozed through peel offs... who would have believed they could look so different...

 This is the stamping done from the foam stamps I made from my TH dies... I am SO pleased with these and look forward to using them often!!! This one is from the iron gate... I stamped and embossed so it was a resist technique, then ironed it off when the colourwash had been done... I added some colour over the top and got this fab grungy texture...

 The wild honey accent colour really pops on the stampboard...

 The rosette is very dimensional, as I said, and I love the kraft glassine paper.. I wet it to make it curl more...

The edges are smoothed over with the purple dusty concorde  and victorian velvet distress ink...
It was great to get into my craft room again this morning, to play and the photos were taken very late afternoon, so I could schedule this for the Stamping Ground WOYWW post... So thanks for having a look and leaving your comments. I really do love hearing from you...
Love and light
Franlkie
xx

9 comments:

Zoechaos said...

such a rich detailed tag. Enlarged the first picture and love the clear embossed newsprint the tag is resting on! XOXO Zoe

stART said...

You chose just the right tint of yellow to set off the shade of purple you chose - awesome!

Helen said...

Thank you for rising so splendidly to my colour challenge! I love all the work you put in on this - and with your poor thumbs too! I love the wild honey accent - it has to be my favourite distress colour ever!

Hettie said...

Fantastic. Lurve this piece. So glad to hear you are back in your room again!! Note to self - try out FP!!

Hettie said...

Loving this piece. Gorgeous. So glad to hear you are in your craft room again!! :-) Gotta try some FP!!

Faye said...

Gorgeous tag, Frankie. I can tell it is really shiny as well as colorful. Has a real "touch me" look about it.

Esther said...

This tag is gorgeous - I love the Rosette! Congrats on joining the Stamp Addict Team!! Esther xx

PsyPenguin said...

Really beautiful tag! I love all the different textures you've used - especially the stampboard image - absolutely stunning! Also I wanted to say thank you so much for the kind comments you've left for me (and for picking my work for the Stampman :0) ). Sarah xx

Jen said...

This is fabulous Frankie, the honey colour look so good with the purple. So much to look at and admire with all your hand made embellishments.
Jen x