DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Grungy Monday, Simon Says Stamp and Show a Tag + TIO

Show a tag!!!! What could be more up my street???? And distress inks!!!!! gobsmackingly great idea, so I could not resist of course... Still having a problem with my back. It is improving slowly but I have combined my tag initially, for 3 challenges... Grungy Monday - ink-o-rama, Simon Says Stamp and Show - a tag, and TIO - winged things... because I still can't sit to do too much for too long...


 So, distress inks?? Yes please, just about every time... I used milled lavender, victorian velvet, dusty concord and a touch of chipped sapphire...  The black is done in black archieval and embossed in clear ep for a bit of texture.

 Along the left hand side is a strip of lovely crocheted lace, dipped in a watery mixture of milled lavender.
The thin ribbon is also treated in the same way. The beads are hand made, but not with distress inks!!! tee hee...

Tim Holtz devised these wonderful inks, and we have him to thank for the wonderment they are to use!!! Why not pop along and have a look at his inspirational site...

 The background is made from smooching the tag through a mix on my sheet, then overprinting various stamps in the different colours of the smooch... gosh, it never fails does it??? These inks just work... The butterflies and moths are from TH papillon sheet too.

 This large butterfly is really gorgeous to use, printed in black over shimmery card coated with perfect pearls - yummy!!!


 I also painted with a brush and water - another way to use these brilliant inks...

I finally got a TH tattered florals die, and used it here to make these flowers. I have loved it for a long while, but it was sold out everywhere until recently... anyway, here now, hurrah!!! The centre is an accoutrement of TH too, altered a bit with London nights paint from PaperArtsy - another new absolute fave for their wonderful matte, chalky finish.

I would also like to add this tag to the Play Date Cafe challenge #85 this week, which incorporates the very colours I have used as you can see below


So thanks for coming over and having a look, and I ask you to leave me a comment please, as I LOVE to hear what you think of what I do...
Love and light
Frankie
xx

24 comments:

Beryl K said...

Another stunning piece of art Frankie
Beryl x

Netty said...

Fabulous tag Frankie, loving all the overstamping and embellishments. Sorry to hear you are still unwell. Do hope the pain goes away soon. Annette x

Kelly O said...

Wow, so beautiful! Just awesome, I love the colors and the stamps and the flowers, WOW!

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous................ I love it Frankie xxx You don't want to know how many of those tatty flowers I've cut out today ready for demo day at WI House LOL. Won't be doing any more for a wee while yet hehe. Love Elizabeth xxx

Hettie said...

What can I say but absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I was thinking along the lines of butterflies for my GM challenge but think I will have a rethink as it wont come anywhere near yours! Well done!!

Daniele said...

this is sooooo lush, love all the details that you have added

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Love love love the layers to this tag! It looks like it's coming to life :) Thank you for sharing your work with Simon Says Stamp!

Thank You!
-Fran
Simon Says Stamp

Angela Toucan said...

wow, that is incredible

Dan said...

Fantastic tag, I love the delicate shading you've achieved! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Wanda said...

Just love it Frankie. Gorgeous blend of colours. Love the hand made beads.
You manage to astound week after week.
Wanda

Marjie Kemper said...

Superb smooshing! This tag is just gorgeous and your flower rocks!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic tag, wonderful details.

Candy C said...

Frankie...I totally love your tag! The butterflies and dragonflies are amazing. Love the colors you chose to use on this piece. Your layered flowers are so pretty as well. Just a beautiful tag. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Jane said...

Fabulous! The colors, the details, everything.

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor Frankie, this is totally STUNNING!!!! Loving all those details and the butterflies are perfection x

minnie_mac said...

Gorgeous tag. A feast of distress inks !

Marilyn

Carla said...

georgeous tag, all those details are so beautiful, thanks also for describing how you made this, the colors are stunning.

Flipsi said...

great work!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

WOW! I love all the embellishments you added on the left side of your tag! Very good design.

Faye said...

Everything about this gorgeous tag speaks elegance and beautiful detail work, Frankie. This one is just super in every way. Love the colors.

Michele Gross said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the layers and your use of color. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Frankie, this is utterly fabulous! Those colors are just YUMMY and the design truly looks like a wild, gorgeous garden. The embellishments are so wisely used, and the finished design is one of the prettiest I've ever seen! Wow, this is AWESOME!!!

I'm so sorry your back is giving your trouble, and I hope you're back in full health soon.

Kathy Eddy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you have used here!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Oh I just LOVE your tag! So many details and the shading you achieved with the distress inks...just amazing! I wish I could see this one in 3D!