DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Friday 5 August 2011

Stamp Addicts DT Cards - Christmas Again...

 Here I am again, Christmasing... never done this before this year, so it still feels odd. It's an odd day today, too, as it is 4 years since Pete died... it still hurts!! Anyway... back to Crimble - Pete loved it btw... This snowman is great. He has a cute face. I used the Sizzix snowflakes folder with sanded coredinations card, for the background.

 I love this cottage set. I used the dots background and clear ep, then smooched the shiny card through the blue inks on my mat... I also used one of the cloud/background stamps as snow (don't know what they will call it yet!!) I cut a circle round the sentiment then made a slit at the top so I could slide the paper ribbon through, made with an EK Success punch.

 This is all about the background... printed the large "twas the night before Christmas" stamp in embossing ink and clear ep, smooched through with the blue inks, then overprinted with the snowflake. I have actually used sparkly ep on this one!!! Dyed some seem binding here for the ribbon...

 I did not want them all to be blue, so deliberately tried to do different colours. This scheme is red/green and creamy. The paper is from a printed stack, so I stamped the tree straight on to it. The pears are painted with Viva Inca gold and the partridge is cut out and 3D in the branches.

 Ohhhh!!! I REALLY went to town on this background... I went all grungy and had great fun... I used a piece of grunge paper, painted with green acrylic paint and dried, then smeared some vasceline before painting with trad tan from Claudine Helmuth. The paint peeled off of course, to reveal some of the green from below. I smeared some gesso, then printed the "twas" stamp into the texture. Viva Inca gold and vintage photo helps to show the texture too... The trees were printed seperately, then decoupaged. The ribbon is seem binding, dyed with vintage photo.... ooo yummyness!!


This card was deliberately kept monochrome, using black archival and black soot distress ink... this little house is fab.. I masked the trees to make it seem as if the cottage is hidden in the forest...

I have had some more problems with mum again this week, so I have only just posted these to the girls at Stamp Addicts, for their show on Tuesday 9th August, so I hope they get there in time!!! I hope they like them too... I have tried to do some different techniques this time...

Thanks for looking and commenting
Love and light
Frankie
xx

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

You have been busy Frankie, will have to remember to watch on Tuesday. Seeing as this is all new to you, your Christmas cards are gorgeous
Beryl x

Sandy said...

Wow Frankie, these are lovely.
Absolutely awesome cards. Love them all.

Have a sunny weekend.

Helen said...

I adore these Christmas cards, they are beautiful! Hope today hasn't been too hard for you - silly thing to say really - and you find a solution for your Mum. My brother and I think we have found somewhere close by for our mum where she will be looked after (at a price!) then we just need to sell her house...