DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 24 October 2012

WOYWW #177 - Look Away Now.....

Look away now if you are squeamish!!! But then you will miss my new zip fastener knee!!! yes, everyone, I am back after my operation... well, been out a long time in only 66 hrs after it, actually - I  beat my own record time this time. 4th joint in fastest time...
 So now I have a full set - two hips and two knees, full metal jacket... opps I mean joints!!!! tee hee. Above I was in the pre-op ward waiting to go to theatre. You see my lovely arrows. The consultant made the dainty ones and the registrar made the fatter ones!! What a jolly sight with my compression stocking on eh??
 And here is my "zip" two weeks later!!! Horrendous number of clips and so close together... but will make a good scar I hope.
 Here are the 38 offending beasties. YES I did say 38... ouch when they came out!! I was good for me, and did not actually cry once, but Miranda said I had not been a good enough ickle soldier to have a lollipop!!!! Awwww.....
And see the nice clean line here?? when all the stuff is healed that's about all that will be seen. Not bad. However, there's a long way to go. I am doing fine and the physio is so pleased with my progress, but I am tired this time. 4 ops in 5 and a half years take their toll... Still I was awake-ish and heard stuff, but no hallucinations this time, thank goodness. Played my meditation music and gave myself over to the process - THANKS PETA!!! So I am healing well and taking time.

So, sorry no crafting just yet and needing to rest but deffo in the land of the living again... Thanks for visiting, care of the wonderful Julia. I hope to get to lots of you this week
Love and light
Frankie
xx

30 comments:

Maria said...

Ouch that looks painful, but it looks like it is healing so well, I bet you go off in the airports lol...
Take care

Maria #12

http://ajourneythatstartshere.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/woyww-177.html

Create With Joy said...

YIKES - I sure hope you heal soon!

Healing wishes from #20
Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

Spyder said...

ohooo my goodness!! I put arrows on my leg when I broke it... and the words 'this one' and drew faces on my feet! Hope it all get better soon!
Have a crafty week! Happy WOYWW
((Lyn)) #25

Words and Pictures said...

Golly moses... but, yes that's a very straight line, and should heal beautifully - with an ankle full of screws, I'm not as bionic as you, but I know what it's like! Not surprised there's no crafting yet... rest well and recuperate speedily and happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#35

Inkypinkycraft said...

Yes I am squeamish...did not really look, but glad you are safe and wishing you lve and a swift recovery! Trace x 46

starcyl said...

Now that's some zip line Frankie, and you are our own bionic woman.
Glad you're healing well, take card and let yourself heal properly.
Jenny x

Helen said...

Oh my, good job I haven't had breakfast yet... Hope you are getting some rest (and doing the physio) like a good girl! Hope to see you being able to craft soon. Take care, Helen 19.

scrappymo! said...

Looks like it is healing really well!
Amazing how it looked with the staples will in!
I think the scar will not be too bad...It looks nice and straight.

Crafting will come...there is plenty of time later...in the meantime, come and share your week with us and have a chat. I always have a ready ear.

My name is Cindy said...

Goodness you have been through it! I'm sure it will be worth it all in the end though, keep up the physio and I hope you are fully recovered very soon. Happy WOYWW Cindy #17

Neil said...

Put me off my porridge (almost) Glad you are well though.
Neil#65

okienurse said...

Love it! Great looking incision line you have Frankie! It looks like it has healed well! I can't tell you how many of those darn things I have put in and taken out. Did they put strips on it after they were out? Hope you can get back to crafting soon. Hope you have a great week. Vickie #91

ElizabethR said...

Blooming heck Mrs, that looks worse than the last one? Take care lots of love to you and Freddie. Elizabeth xxx ps still ate my breckie as well lol xxx

Glenda said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Glenda #100

Francesca said...

Nice neat stapling, and a straight line, what more could you ask. Keep well. Francesca #94

Angie said...

Not sure I could go through all that you have ...so pleased it has been successful ...that is an amazing scar. Have a good rest xx#79

Ann B said...

Good job I'm not squeamish.

Your knee reminds me of a stamp I used to have - now only a crafter would think that.

Glad you are on the mend and they made a neat job with the clips so it should heal very well.

Just back from walking the dog and catching up on a few desks.
Ann B #70

Carole said...

Wow.. not what I was expecting to find on a desk. But Wow you're so brave. Wishing you a happy recovery and fast healing. http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

oh my gosh..And I was crying because I broke my toe! Heal well!

Robin #118

Krisha said...

Well, now that you have a full set you should be jumping at the craft table...LOL do hope you have a speedy recovery!
Krisha #40

Janet said...

Well done you! Very brave girl. I think new knees could be on my Xmas list! Do all your physio and you will be running around like a spring chicken in no time!

Janet xx

Erika said...

Ouch that looks painful....hope you heal quickly.
Hugs Erika. Room 101!

Nan G said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Soon to be crafting no doubt! Nan 27

Monica said...

I know what you are feeling. Aweful hallucinations with my hip. They fractured my femur in surgery as osteoporosis weakened my boes. It is a constant a problem. It has taken a long time to heal. I am sure you will be fine soon.
Hugs

Artsnark said...

owww - hope you are feeling better soon. Could be a great Halloween costume tho

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Hope you will soon recover, Frankie. You leg looks a bit spooky...

Kim x said...

So pleased to see that you are on the mend, don't push yourself too hard.
hugs Kimx

May said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Frankie... I agree not a bad looking scar I'm sure it will heal just fine... Take it easy now!! rest up... Hugs May x x x

Unknown said...

wishing you very speedy recovery...do your physio!! My knee still gets sore if I sit and craft to long....

Elizabeth said...

Just popping in to say I hope you are recovering well from your operation and to also wish you a happy, prosperous, and above all, a healthy 2013. Elizabeth xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were going through this. I'm glad you're in positive spirits. I hope you get your energy back so you can resume crafting! Your artwork is always wonderful.