DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Monday 19 January 2009

January RF Card Swap


Here is a swap card for January on our lovely Creating Rainbows forum. The theme was "New Year, New Ideas" . I have used a new set of stamps from Stamp Addicts - trees and cloudy moon, bought at the NEC in November 2008, when I was helping out with Make and Take...

I used Gumdrop Big and Juicy and a brayer, to create the misty background. The smaller trees were printed with Old Paper Distress ink, and the large tree, in the foreground, was stamped in black Stazon. The moon was masked before I brayered so it would stay the colour of the card, which was cream. The whole thing was put together on dark blue card and silver mirri. Quite a dreamy look. The backer was created by stamping on the silver mirri with black Stazon and then embossed with clear powder and it came out quite sparkly. I hope my swap partner likes it when she gets it, later this week!!



7 comments:

AliMayes said...

That is one gorgeous card Frankie. I'm just sorry I wasn't your swap partner this month :(
Ali xx

Christine said...

That is really beautiful Frankie, I wish I was your lucky card swap recipient.
I so like the look of trees, I also got a couple from the NEC last November
Hugs
Christine x

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Frankie and the colours of the gumdrop pad are perfect
Ann x

AliMayes said...

Love the new snazzy look of your blog Frankie!
Ali xx

Beryl K said...

It's beautiful Frankie, all misty and mysterious. Sorry I've not entered any of the swaps yet, but not particularly organised at the moment
Beryl x

Ann Whitfield said...

Me again Frankie - loving the new look! There's a couple of awards for you on my blog
Ann x

Rita said...

What a Fabulous card Frankie. I just love the technique you have used. Altogether Stunning. Hugs Rita xxxx