DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Daisy Medley - sample for show


This is another in the series of samples made for Hobby Art Show on Ideal World/Create & Craft Thursday 16th April at 11.00am GMT+1. The top image is the front and the bottom image is the backer.
I used the best wishes stamp to print a background in versamark ink, embossed with clear ep. When it was cool, I sponged dried marigold and shabby shutters, then sprayed with clear water to mottle the effect. I overprinted again using the shabby shutters ink pad. The main stamp is quite large, and is coloured in the same inks as the background paper, with a few strokes of matching Sakura pens for stronger accents. The three centres are picked out with perlidoodles 3D splodges. The backer uses the orange cardstock, overprinted with the small butterfly, in the same two inks, and coloured with the same pens. A single image, printed on white, finishes off the piece.

4 comments:

Kristen H said...

That butterfly piece is AWESOME! I really like what you have done with these images! They are great.

Have a great week!

Rainbow Lady said...

This is gorgeous Frankie so pretty. Looking forward to the show
Love Cynthia x

Beryl said...

I love those flowers. A beautiful card with so much work and detail in it. Good news too. I just found out today that I'm home this Thursday so will be able to watch the show.
Beryl xx

Anne said...

One word - FABULOUS x