DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 24 August 2011

WOYWW - Travelling On... Simon Says!!!

Another day another dollar... oops wrong intro!!! But it IS yet another Wednesday in this fast retreating year!!! Soon be my birthday (the equinox, for goodness sake!!!) and sailing down the Nile!!!... but I digress - yes, it's that day when we all do lots of bunny hops to others' blogs, in order to snoop admire their tidy and creative desks, courtesy of the wonderful desk-headmistress, Julia...

So sit back and take a ride with me... bring a cuppa, cos I have gone to town this week!!!

 Desk with beginnings of the project on Sunday... beautiful sunshine ready for streaming through my window... we were at a jumping show, later, with the horse and she and Freddie did very well, whilst the rest of the family, and me, did really good at the picnic!!! tee hee...

 So, the larger of the pair of suitcases then, and generally inspired by my heroine, Laura Denison at Following the Paper Trail - actually, she designed a suitcase herself, and I have bought the pattern to make one ... it is bigger than this one, but the ideas are based on her's... I gessoed it inside and out, and gave it some texture... gosh did I get in a mess with the gesso AND paint!! Thank goodness for scrubbie!!!

 The texture shows up well on the lid...

 Next I painted it -yup!! you guessed, brown, cos all the old suitcases we ever owned at home were simply, always brown... now it's all that black fabric stuff and you can NEVER recognise your own case on that dratted carousel!!!

 Back to the plot... inspired by Laura again, I decided to make a mini album for the inside, from the TH Adage tickets leftover packaging!! Here is her You Tube link... great little video!!! the booklet uses envelopes, and mine are much smaller than hers...

So here is the inside of that ickle suitcase /valise... in the lid are pen bibs, tickets, a watch, a camera, a tag, a compass, a key and some scissors...

In the bottom is the mini book, all decorated up, with TH letters, coloured with distress inks...



Above are the two "pages" I have made so far... plenty of room for pictures and some journalling,with a pocket inside the envelope... great little project this one...

Here is a peek at the whole project... the suitcase with it's sewn leather taglet - not sure that's actually a word!!! with a TH ticket in there and a wanderer disc... actually it's grunge paper, but it does look real eh??!! The tag booklet is also backed with a leather-looking tag... below are all the other tags in the booklet/travel document...




So that's it for another week... I didn't win through at SSSS again, last week with my blingyfied piece, so let's hope I fare better this time, tee hee... At the end of the week, Travel will be the theme I have chosen at the Stampman, so this is a sneaky pre-view of my DT piece, and DragonsDream TIO's challenge is also Travel, cos I chose this week there too... I thought it was spooky that Linda and I had had the same thought...  well I MUSt go to bed now, cos I am getting less and less sleep!!!

Thanks SO much for coming, commenting, and looking and lasting this long, quite frankly!!! My tea has gone cold writing so I hope you kept sipping yours!!! tee hee
Love and light
Frankie
xx

I shall also enter this project into
Take a Word - old-fashioned
Incy Wincy Designs - anything but a card
Art Journey DT - anything but a card

41 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, I love the texture of that lid on the suitcase. That is something I strive for. I love it. And of course, it's all lovely, including the leather tag and the rest of the project. Loved it ALL,,,,,,, but mostly that texture!

Michele Oliver said...

I love your projects. There is so much to look at very interesting. Love all the textures you have going on there.

Candace said...

such a beautiful case and travel book, just love it

Thanks for sharing

Sarah said...

Wow Frankie - you is one busy and creative honey! Love that suitcase and really understand your admiration of Laura D.and her books. That suitcase is a corker - exploding with goodies and the tag book is amazing stamped! Great work full of love as always... Will be getting my birdy tag done soon!

Tertia said...

This is an amzing work of art! Love it!
Must have taken you for ever!
Happy WOYWW

Helen said...

Frankie, this is a totally gorgeous work of art!! I wanted to do so much more than just a tag for SSSS but am going to run out of time so too have used my TIO DT tag for it.... spooky choice of theme by you both!

Cathy said...

Fab desk and gabsolutely stunning suitcase. Love the texture and colours, and fabulous details.
Happy WOYWW
Cathy xx

okienurse said...

Love the suitcase and all the goodies inside it is absolutely chock full of fun things. I am working on the bird cage tag. Looking forward to the swap. Thanks for sharing Vickie

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, that is fantastic!! I want to riffle through that suitcase NOW - so many lovely bits and bobs, mmmmm !!

ScrappnBee said...

Goodness! YOu have definately been busy! Your suitcase reminds me of the old stamer trunks that we would take off to summer camp...only because it isnt black like you said! LOL! It turned out stunning, as did all the bits inside! You are truely talented! Happy WOYWW! -Amanda

Jona Panesa said...

wow. that is really amazing from the suitcase to the tag mini. loved them!

famfa said...

Amazing work. Thanks for showing the stages. Very interesting

Sue said...

Hi hun
great post, lots of gorgeous piccies to drool over, fantastic work,thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Jen said...

Fabulous project Frankie, the tags are wonderful as is the whole. A real work of Art.
Jen x

Anonymous said...

awesome post as usual !

Love the suitcase !

I want to make some of her gusseted bag books but having bought a few patterns can i for the life of me find a supplier of gusseted bags that isnt a wholesale outlet !

Aj.

Candy C said...

Oh my gosh Frankie!!! I am totally in LOVE with this suitcase!!! Just the way you finished off the outside is totally amazing but then you open it up and BAM!!!!! Vintage heaven!!! I am in awe of how you finished off the interior of your suitcase! It is just phenomenal! Thank you SOOO MUCH for sharing this masterpiece with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Karenliz said...

Love the suitcase! Your projects are inspiring!

Debbie said...

Love it all!!! Great doodads and details. Love your design and technique. The little suitcase with all the "stuff" is to die for! Fabulous!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow I love love your case and all the trinkets on the inside, so much work and worth every bit of effort, absolutely fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Tracy x

ally fiddy said...

O that's just gorgeous!

ElizabethR said...

Busy Bee or what this week lol. Love the suitcase Frankie it looks fab. Have added a bit more on to my TIO DT piece on my blog that may interest you or Sir T. Love Elizabeth xxx

Faye said...

Fantastic work on the suitcase, Frankie, and the travel tag is gorgeous. Love those colors.

Simple homemade living said...

The texture on the lid of the suitcase is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your desk it looks so bust and creative.

Laura #54 x

jude said...

Absolutely stunning ive seen Lauras and heres was also lovely thought about doing one .But have so many things on go before i went away that i need to finish.Yours is absolutely beautiful !Just added my name to your birdcage swap!
happy woyww hugs judex 75

Angie said...

Wow ...what an amazing project ...love it.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Wow! You are such an inspiration. I'm not much of a stamper but you could convert me. Absolutly, love what what you have done.

Liz Miller said...

Wow, What a terrific project.
Liz x

donnalouiserodgers said...

Beautiful work Frankie,

Dx

Elizabeth said...

Love your suitcase and mini album - laughed at your memory of all suitcases being brown ... I seem to remember cream ones with brown leather trims :) Your finish on the case is fab and all those great embellishments that are so appropriate. I'm off to see the demo now. Elizabeth x #60

Gillian .... said...

Brilliant project Frankie, love the vintage suitcase and all its contents.

Hettie said...

Love it! I got my case like this out the other day with the intention of decorating it and now seeing yours I may just do it!!

SueH said...

Are you sure that’s the same suitcase that you started with Frankie, it’s absolutely beautiful ……and so much work!

Have a good week and ……….
Happy Crafting!
Sue
X

PsyPenguin said...

Wow, this is an absolutely stunning and beautiful project! There's so many details, it must have taken ages to do!
Wish I could enter some of the travel themed challenges around at the moment, but unfortunately I'm travelling!
xx

Erika said...

Wow I love your project, the suitcase is fab and a great idea for a holiday journal/mini book. Thanks for sharing, happy crafting,
Erika.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE it!!! The textures, the charms, the way you painted and filled it - absolutely amazing work! : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

Please:
Follow SimonSaysStamp on Twitter!
"Like" us on Facebook!

Angela Weimer said...

Such a great project. Love all the little details and bits to look at and discover. Have a great week. Angela

Lynn Stevens said...

Love Love Love the suit case, no wonder you can't part with it!LOL
hugs Lynn

Spyder said...

This is just tooo amazing and I love it!! I wanna make one now!
Love all the bitsinside! Brillinat!
Happy (late) WOYWW!
(((Lyn)))
It's taken me ages to work out wherethat music was coming from.....

shazsilverwolf said...

I love your project, I always enjoy visiting you, you provide so much inspiration, Thanks for sharing it all, Shaz

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi there so sorry! running VERY late - sigh, not to worry love the amazing little case which you have made - great colours and all its lovely contents, happy WOYWW, thanks for popping over! :) Shaz in Oz.x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, Frankie, I'm missing words, that really a fantastic project. So wonderful.