DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Monday 11 May 2009

Booklet Front Cover and Frames for RL

I have created this piece for a friend, who is about to open a new shop. She will be selling things such as crystals, incense, my cards, postcards and tags!! and providing complementary services such as Reiki and Indian head massage... Her open day is next Saturday, and this piece is for the cover of her booklet. I hope she likes it!!

I want to enter it into Rainbow Lady's challenge, too, which is frames, this week. I discovered the way to make the narrow frames (could be broader if I wanted) on my printer, this evening, that was a great find... I began by stamping the Butterfly Kisses stamp, then adding the cloudy moon image, from A Stamp in the hand. My fav swirl corner from UMount, was next, the butterfly from Elusive Images and then the agapanthus from Stampendous.

Most of the inks were versafine in onyx, smokey grey and vintage sepia, and the black ones were embossed with clear ep. I masked the head image and the moon, swirled distress inks mustard seed, worn lipstick, dried marigold and old paper on my heat mat and spritzed with water. I dibbled the shiny card about to get the colours where I wanted them, just blending a little with my fingers etc. My hands are FILTHY now, but I LOVE the piece. It will be a shame to give it away. Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Very pretty concoction my friend. Love the colours too. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

AliMayes said...

Superb Frankie; and, by the way, I've just looked up Mabel Lucie Atwell and noticed that she actually illustrated an edition of 'Alice in Wonderland' in 1910 so she had been around for quite a while before either of us were born and I think I'm a little bit older than you!!
Ali xx

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to give a particularly lovely piece away Frankie - but it must be done my friend because it will be perfect for your friend's shop!
Ann x

Christine said...

This is awesome Frankie, I can understand your reluctance to give it away, but think how many people will see your friend's booklet.
I love how you use so many stamps within your design.
Hugs
Christine xx

Beryl said...

That is one beautiful work of art. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with it.
Beryl xx

indybev said...

This is a truly lovely card, Frankie. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the invitation to participate in your tag challenge. I note, however, you say to use at least one stamp and I'm a digital artist with only an occasional foray into mixed media. I'm stampless!

lisa said...

I'm a bit slow I know but I've just found your fantastic blog from your tag challenge site. Wow, your works of art are amazing. This is fantastic, so much detail and the colours are beautiful. It truly deserves to be used for a book cover. Your friend is very lucky.

Lisax

Karen said...

This is so so beautiful X