DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 11 May 2011

TIO Piece for Texturise It

 Well nearly didn't get this finished, cos I have an ickle bug today, with a raw chest, sore throat and then sickiness to cap it all!!! VERY nice, I hear you cry... well no, not really but I will survive, tee hee. The headache has abated a bit, so I thought I would share this TIO tag with you. The theme we chose to dream about was texture, so I tried to get lots of different ones in...

 With texture, you just HAVE to start with a texture fade - never really understood the name,  but the folders are fab!!  This one is patchwork, and whilst some of the other folders don't emboss evenly (hence "fade" I suppose) this one is fabulous in every respect. I did not use all of it, just some elements, and I used distress inks in wild honey, spiced marmalade, vintage photo and walnut stain to add colour, all spritzed off with perfect pearls heirloom gold... such a clever product to add glimmer and glitzy mica without altering the ink.

So, a best-ever-product has to be the rosette dies, and I had to use them. Small and large here to create a lot of dimension. The clock bit of the texture is enhanced with the clock die hands. Along the base I have added a lovely rosey ribbon which is all smoothe and shiny..

 The base card is from a sheet in the PaperArtsy Thornton Hall stack.. I love this paper, especially enhanced with a strip of lace..  The one real stamp I have used, which is a rule over at TIO, is a texture one with dots on from Stamp in the Hand called field of sky, so useful. Glass beads and a length of gold chain finish off the whole thing.

 So the brief was texture and I think I have managed that... lots of different textures and pretty colour into the bargain...

Thanks for looking and for your comments. I am always pleased when you pop to see me, and I love coming along to see what you are up to... Always looking for inspiration...
Love and Light
Frankie
xx

14 comments:

Beryl K said...

A brilliant Tag, Frankie, love the rosette
Beryl x

Zoechaos said...

Another lovely tag Frankie, love texture and this is yummy. XOXO Zoe

Zoechaos said...

How rude of me! Sorry you have a nasty sounding bug there are a few around. Hope you are soon better and back to your bright self. XOXO Zoe

JoZart Designs said...

Your tag is excellent and I keep seeing more and more in the detail with each picture, yet it isn't cluttered. So well executed.
Hugs Jo x

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Frankie,
I love this tag! It is so detailed--wow! I am your newest follower and it's so nice to meet you and see your exquisite art.

XO
Cindy

ElizabethR said...

Hope you are feeling better today Frankie? Fab tag, loads of interesting textures, and the embossing folder I'm hoping to find this weekend LOL. Think we've all had good fun with this one. Love Elizabeth xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Frankie this is gorgeous ! Sue C x

Spyder said...

OMGooddinesss this is amazing! I wouldn't know where to start to make something so brill. Love it.
(Lyn)

Minxy said...

Certainly plenty of texture, love it :D

Von said...

Just amazing how much texture you have mamaged to get onto your Tag Frankie supberb ! :)

Esther said...

Aww..hope you are feeling better soon Frankie. This tag is amazing, love all the textures and inkyness! Esther xx

Faye said...

Absolutely wonderful, Frankie. I love the textures - all of them. Really beautiful.

Neet said...

You have the knack for putting all those pieces together without it looking crowded - this is an absolutely beautiful tag - I just love love love it. Adore texture. Hugs, Neet x

Claire said...

Stunning tag Frankie.
c
xx