DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Thursday 2 June 2011

Stamp Addicts 6 DT Pieces

Ok... finally getting round to putting these up... been so 1) busy 2) in pain to  get to it!!! I really enjoyed the set of stamps I got from Stamp Addicts, for my first DT call... and I saw 3 of my cards on the show, so I was very pleased...

 This was a brown and cream pallette, using some kraft glassine paper as a mount and for the rosette, which is from the die by Tim Holtz.. lovin it, as you know if you follow my blog...

 This one caused a little conversation on the show... it is an unusual finish, but was actually a happy accident. I used vintage photo distress ink first off and it did not show up very much, so I re-stamped with archival black over the top, and then used a fine clear ep on the top... the distress inks are actually always unstable, and it moved a bit as I stamped again... the finish is very distressed and is probably not repeatable!!

 I masked this one so I could stamp several different  faces of the judikins foliage cube, to make the garden, after smooshing the greens distress inks on my craft mat...

 I have just had a new stash of on the edge dies, and I used the ornate one on both ends of the paper and card to make these shapes.....

Same technique here with a different die. This one was made to look like regency, hence the stripes... The background paper is from PaperArtsy, called Thornton Hall.

These little chaps are off fishing, after being stamped in black, under angelique fibres and film, ironed on with a bit of parchment to protect from burning...love this technique... am looking forward to doing some marbling and stamping these lovely silhouette stamps again...

Thanks for looking, and leaving your lovely comments
Love and light
Frankie
xx

8 comments:

Janet said...

Beautiful cards, Frankie. I particularly like the regency ones, especially the striped one. They are so different.


Janet xx

Esther said...

Lovely, Lovely cards..I love these stamps too..and isn't it exciting to see your cards on the tele...! Esther xx

Sue from Oregon said...

these are gorgeous!!!!

Claire said...

These are gorgeous Frankie, really lovely.
C
xx

Angie said...

What wonderful cards .... love the effects ...the silhouettes remind me of a tv puppet/story show when I was a child ...mid to late 50's ...the green one is my favourite I think.

Beryl K said...

Fabulous cards Frankie, you certainly are a great assest to the Stamp Addicts team
Beryl x

Pauline said...

I just love all these different silhouettes, they are wonderful!

Jen said...

Fabulous set of cards Frankie.Love the one with the foliage backdrop.
Jen x