DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Sunday Stamper - Back to Black - Tribute

This black tag is made for Hels' Sunday Stampers  challenge, as a tribute to Ms Winehouse... quite honestly, if she -Amy that is, not Hels... oh I don't know!!!... had walked into my crafty room before Saturday, I swear I would not have known who she was. I had heard of her antics, but not really listened to her music.... oh, so young, bless!!!... But I did look, and I did listen and was inspired to do this one...

 I made some black UTEE in my melt pot and poured it into a mould... All the stamps are TH - well they often are eh??

 It's a very dimensional piece, and layered as I love to do, but it was a challenge to keep it monochrome. I used archival back and black soot, with clear ep - another shock choice!!!

 The face, from a moon set, came out really well, from the mould. I rubbed it with some silver Viva Inca Gold - sounds like a contradiction in terms!!! and it made the features pop even more... then surrounded it with a circle of silver mirri and a matte black tattered floral flower piece...

 As, I said, it is very layered and dimensional, and rubbed round with the silver. I used some sequin waste to rub my black soot through, for more interest in the background...

 The letters are TH grunge board letters, mounted on his new double thick grunge pieces, and painted black... after drying and sanding, I smooched silver on them too... I used the silver thickly through the sequin waste in the corner ... I really liked the effect...

The saying from TH seemed to jump off the sheet for me... sadly it IS too late for Amy, but it made ME think, especially in light of the problems of my mother's increasing dementia!! However, on a lighter note, she has been generally more lucid this week - my mother, you understand!!! and I have not had any real bad phone calls, fingers crossed!!!

So I hope that Amy is now at peace, Hels likes my tag and my mother continues to be a bit better...
Thanks for looking and commenting, I really do appreciate it
Love and light
Frankie
xx

I shall also put this into the
Simon Says Stamp and Show - anything goes challenge, even though I have already entered a piece of jewellery - what the hell!!! It's only art!!!!
Creative Stamp Friends - monochrome

13 comments:

Michele Oliver said...

I love what you did with this piece. Great work. Have become a follower of your blog.

Helen said...

This is stunning. Just shows how beautiful black can be!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a fantastic piece you have created, Frankie.
Your use of embossing and the added texture is wonderful.

Claire said...

Beautiful work Frankie, gorgeous texture. glad to hear you're having a better week with your mum
claire xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !


Aj.

Hels Sheridan said...

Hels LOVES your Tag... Amy, I am sure, would have been totally blown away by all the sentiment from so many people, tis such a shame that is takes someone to pass away before peeps can really see how lovely they really are.... your tribute is just perfect Frankie... thank you for joining in with it... even if you didn't know her... oh and BTW... you wouldn't know me if I walked into your Room of Stash cos the photo on my blog is of someone else.... ROFL Just kidding lol Hope Mum continues to improve hun... sending a big fat huggle xxx

Nancy Wethington said...

This is wonderful. So many techniques on one little tag. Loving the mold and the black letters. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag, I love all the black and your moulded piece is wonderful. Such great texture and dimension. Tracy x

Karenliz said...

Beautiful! I love the the moon face!

Gillian .... said...

Super cool tag Frankie, loving the metallic look and the layering, perfect tribute.

Paula Whittaker said...

cool tag

Von said...

Wow Frankie this is one awesome tag !!!
Von x

Nina said...

OMG!! A totally stunning tag and simply LOVE everything about it. Amazing details!!

Thanks for joining the Monochrome challenge at Kreative Stempelfreunde :)
Hugs, Nina.