DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 20 July 2011

WOYWW - #111 - Making End of Year Cards

Well here we are again, it's that time of year, that is end of the school year, and time for thank yous... Both my grandsons have had a GREAT year, and so I decide to make thank you cards for their teachers... I have recycled some of my recent tags, and made them into cards. The fourth one is mostly new and is what is on my desk this week. I also want to enter this one into Hels' challenge at Sunday Stamper ( building a flower embellishment)

 So here is my desk as it is this week, with the beginnings of the fourth card. I so enjoyed working with the dress form last week, that I decided to go with it again this time, but to embellish it differently. I stamped with TH papillon text stamp and embossed in clear ep, after painting with pool and denim acrylic dabbers. You will see some rub 'n buff, which I smooched over the texture... I LOVE this stuff and the great effects you can get with it...

 Here is the boddice smooched with the gold and ancient gold rub 'n buff,  isn't it pretty??  I used some of my lovely lace wrapped round the form as a skirt. I then sprayed it with perfect pearls ancient gold mist, to age it.. A single flower was cut to decorate the rosette, which was later cut down to make it even smaller - I wish TH would make one this tiny size!!!

 This is my flower, built up from Ten Seconds metal and TH paper stack. The dies used were PaperArtsy and TH tattered florals.

So below is the finished card, for Matthew's classroom assistant, whom he says is his girlfriend!!! - well he is only 5 years old!!!

 To follow are the other three cards, for Jaden's teacher and classroom assistant, and Matthew's teacher - he chose  the creamy brown one, because he says she likes those colours!! The pink and purple ones are for Jayden's staff...



I do hope they like them... I don't think there is anything not to like!!! We are going to put a voucher into each one, so that should be a nice present, I think... So that's it for another week.  I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will leave me a comment, cos I LOVE hearing from you...
Thanks for looking and have a great week
Love and Light
Frankie
xx

28 comments:

Simple homemade living said...

Your cards are stunning I really like the dress form one.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGOSH, Frankie. These tags are gorgeous. When I read the "end of year" title, I thought you were getting a head start on New Year's cards. But these are fabulous. Happy WOYWW.

jude said...

Your cards and tags are absolutely beautiful.Absolutely love the sewing one and the flowers are Lush!Imsure they will treasure them!
Have fab wednesday and a creative week
hugs jude 8

Cathy said...

Fabulous, busy space and stunning cards ... that's Sunday's job here!!
Happy WOYWW
Cathy xx

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Wow! You're busy! Love all the bits and pieces. That boddice looks amazing!

Helen said...

What beautiful cards - all of them - I love the blue colours on the dress form on your desk - it looks so good I may have been tempted to leave it naked!!!But the finished card - wow. The last one is my favourite, I think.

Beryl K said...

Stunning work again Frankie
Beryl x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ooh,ooh,ooh *jumping up and down* those cards are G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S !! Love em all, but especially the blue dress one. Mmmmmmm. Can't write anymore cos I'm in lurrrrve :D xx

Glenda said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Each one a gift in itself! Just beautiful!

Sarah said...

All true works of art and bursting with your creative passion and love!

Kathleen said...

Wow...What wonderful projects I can only envy your creative thought process.
Kathleen x

Berry said...

Oh my these are just stunning such inky beautifulness and lovely embellies lucky teachers! Happy WOYWW hugs Rebekah #60 xx

Cardarian said...

Your tags are amazing!
Hugs,
Cardarian

angelfish said...

Beautiful tags and a great way to use them. I've turned ATCs into card toppers in the past. It's great to have the hard work done when your'e pushed for time!

Sue said...

Hi Frankie
oh wow hun your cards are totally gorgeous,luv all the detail bet the teachers were well chuffed with them, thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

SueH said...

Such beautiful cards on your desk this week Frankie, I’m sure that all the teaching staff are going to be thrilled to receive them. My fave is the Pink one with the butterflies, it’s so pretty.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

ElizabethR said...

All are gorgeous Frankie, they sure are lucky teachers! Love Elizabeth xxx

Hettie said...

Those cards are absolutely gorgeous Frankie. I am sure those teachers and TAs will love them. It has gotta be the purple one for me!!

Wanda said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What more can I say. I am sure their teachers will treasure their cards.
Wanda xx

ScrappnBee said...

Your work is positively GORGEOUS! Love it! I hope that the teachers really like it. Thanks for sharing your desk and creativiity! Enjoy school letting out! -Amanda #45

Shoshi said...

I love your colour schemes, and as for your butterfly cards... well, they are simply gorgeous! I joined WOYWW for the first time today and am enjoying it immensely. Happy WOYWW.

okienurse said...

Beautiful cards! I think they are framing quality so I hope some of them see that too. Have fun with your children over break! Vickie

Angie said...

Stunning ...whay a lovely keepsake for each teacher.

nerllybird said...

Stunning cards! I've had to make two male teacher ones, they're a lot simpler than the flowery ribbony lacy female ones, lol!
Helen S

Kyla said...

wow, what beautiful cards....i bet they will be so chuffed receiving them (I know I would).
kyla

Faye said...

Frankie, the cards are so fantastic and what a wonderful gift for some lucky people. Also, I haven't been able to located where you've posted your oriental card but it is absolutely gorgeous.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, all of these cards are really outstanding, the teachers will love them.

Liz Miller said...

Oh my these are absolutely gorgeous. Had to have a look at Hels blog too after reading your post. They will be appreciated.
Liz xx