DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Thursday 9 July 2009

Rainbow Lady's challenge - Script

I have thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon, doing Cynthia's challenge over at her Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog - Script. She wanted to see some calligraphy and I was in my element with this collage. I used an A5 piece of cream coloured card and distressed it with old paper, tattered rose (new and I LOVE it!!!) and brushed corduroy, using a piece of cut n' dry. I used field of sky and cloudy moon, from Stamp Addicts, to add dots and watermarks etc. I then stamped with my new set, Paris Voyage from Curious by Design, in versafine black onyx and old paper, for some calligraphy. I just kept layering stamps and also used a wash of my new blues distress inks. Then I put some clear ep over it and it took in damp places, causing the pitting you can see... UMount plates completed the piece... Hope she likes it!! Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Yep she does love it. Very nice backgrounds too and great stamps. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Beryl K said...

Wow Frankie, this is just fabulous.
Beryl x

Christine said...

WOW, this is a beautiful work of art. You always seem to have stamps so very different from you other followers. I love it.
Hugs
Christine xx

Faye said...

So gorgeous. so creative.

lisa said...

Hi Frankie. Thank you for your lovely comments. I have just been having a lovely time visiting your garden. It's totally out of this world and how big!!!! You have all my favourite plants, wisteria, maples and Bamboos but set in such a beautiful way with all the Oriental touchs. Mine is just a jungle. I want to rip it all out now and start again after seeing yours.
And what can I say about this beautiful work of art. It is just lovely. The colours are out of this world and the stamps work together so well. You are such a talented lady.
Have a great weekend.

Lisax

Spyder said...

This isjust brilliant, love it!

((Lyn))

AliMayes said...

Fabulous again Frankie - I wish I could combine stamps as you do! Mine always seems to turn into chaos when I use more than a couple!
Ali xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work Frankie - the colours are wonderful
Ann x

Unknown said...

I am absolutely amazed with your ability to layer stamps as beautifully as you do! I can layer paper till dawn, but stamps, well that is a feat I have yet to conquer! You so inspire me!
I am going to have to study this piece for a while to take in its beauty.
Thank you forever and always for sharing your beauty with us!
Beth♥


ps. I would love someday to be considered as a guest designer for your DDTIO challenge blog!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

wonderful collaged card!!!

caramelle said...

It's fabulous. I love the background and the nice stamps
bravo
caramelle