DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 15 July 2009

TIO # 12 Carte Postale (Oriental Lady)

The theme on my DragonsDream TIO challenge this week is to make a postcard tag. I bought the images I have used here at the Stamp Addicts retreat, and thought they would be just right, when I thought up the idea of a postcard. This is actually A5, bigger than postcard size, but the only rules are to use the postcard theme.

I began with a piece of coated card, and printed the postcard image, one I had from The Graphics Fairy. Then I began swirling colour in distress inks mustard seed and tattered rose. I had seen the tag as "yellow" and basically it is, with some old paper, spiced marmalade, faded jeans and broken china thrown in!! The images are by Curious by Design - Cherry Blossom set. However, the blossom itself is from a set from QVC, which came wooden mounted and I peeled it off, the better to stamp!!

And that's it really. I built up layers of stamps and hightlighted some areas with a little more neat colour, using cut n' dry, and cut the edge with my decal scissors, after adding a little scrap of yellow ribbon. There are a few splashes of glimmer mists and starburst stains, and the blossom is coloured using 703Sakura stardust, so much of it has a sheen and shimmer - in fact it looks like a piece of delicate silk. Thanks for looking!!

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Wow Frankie, you have taken my breath away once again. Stunning. I can't get anything like this when I try your techniques
Beryl x

lisa said...

This really is beautiful Frankie. I agree it looks like silk, it is just so delicate. I love the way you build up your stamps. I agree with Beryl, whenever I try layering things it all seems to get cluttered and muddy. Will just have to keep persevering. You are truly an inspiration.

Lisax

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful and inspiring postcard Frankie, I love to read about your techniques on how you made this- I love the whole dreaming up process of these challenges- it keeps my mind active!